It is possible for Research Master (ReMA) students at a Dutch university to follow courses and seminars at ReMA programmes at other Dutch universities, often without extra costs. Three points of attention:
- If you wish to register for a course/seminar at another university, you need a secondary enrollment at that university. More information
- Note that students should check with the Examinations Committee of their programme for final confirmation that these courses can be counted towards graduation. More information
- For some students (e.g. non EU students) an additional fee may be charged for following courses at other Dutch universities.
Overview Research Master programs
The following Dutch universities offer a Research Master in Philosophy:
- ReMa Philosophy & Economics @ Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR)
- ReMA Philosophy @ Radboud University Nijmegen (RU)
- ReMA Philosophy @ University of Amsterdam (Uva)
- ReMA Philosophy @ University of Groningen (RUG)
- ReMA Philosophy @ Utrecht University (UU)
- ReMa Philosophy @ VU University Amsterdam (VU)
Please consult the page Courses & seminars for ReMA students for an overview of which courses and seminars at these universities are open to students from another university.
Academic calendar per university
- The RU academic year consists of 2 semesters. The 1st semester runs from the first Monday of September until the last Friday of January; the 2nd semester starts the following Monday and ends on the second Friday of July.
- The EUR academic year is divided into two semesters of about 16 weeks.
- The UvA academic year is divided into 2 semesters, each lasting 21 weeks. The academic year is scheduled as follows: 1st semester: September-January; 2nd semester: February-June.
- The academic year of UU comprises 2 semesters, each of 2 periods.
- The RUG academic year comprises 4 blocks of 10 weeks, grouped in 2 semesters.
Registration Form for a Course at another University
The OZSW facilitates exchange between philosophy Research Master courses in the Netherlands. The form below is primarily meant for ReMa students who would like to follow a course at another university, but are awaiting proof of registration from their home (primary) university. Please indicate which course you want to follow and you will receive a course program, time, location and required course preparations from the course coordinator. It is your own responsibility to formally register (through a ‘neveninschrijving’ or secondary enrollment) at your visiting university once you have received proof of acceptance at your home university.