The general purpose of the Dutch Research School of Philosophy (Dutch acronym: OZSW) is to strengthen the discipline of academic philosophy. It does so by:
- Maintaining the national network for research and research-related education within philosophy;
- The provision of inter-university education for the benefit of the PhD programs and Research Master programs in coordination with the graduate schools and / or the research institutes of the participating institutions;
- Promoting and supporting national and international cooperation in the research, with the aim of creating focus and mass and profiling the discipline;
- Promoting the quality and social relevance of research according to the Quality indicators for philosophy set by the Graduate School,
- Making the societal relevance of the research visible and acting as national contact point and representative of academic philosophy in the Netherlands, including by acting as a platform for social partners.
Please note that the OZSW has a very specific mission, and is not a general association of philosophers in the Netherlands. There are other forums and organizations for these purposes.