Procedure for Getting a Secondary Enrollment

It is possible for Research Master (ReMA) students at a Dutch university to follow courses and seminars at ReMA programmes at other Dutch universities. The overall administrative procedure is roughly as follows:

  1. Make sure that you are properly enrolled at your own university, and have paid your annual tuition fee;
  2. Request a “Bewijs Betaald Collegegeld” (proof of payment tuition fee) from your university;
  3. Also enroll at the university where you wish to follow a course / seminar. In Dutch this is called a “neveninschrijving” (secondary enrollment);
  4. Present the “Bewijs Betaald College” to the administration of this second university – your tuition fee will then in most cases be waived (“vrijstelling betaling collegegeld”). Please note that for some students (e.g. those from Non-EU countries), in some cases, the fee will not be waived.
  5. Once your secondary enrollment has been completed, you should enroll for the course / seminar of your choice, following regular procedures for course enrollment.

As it takes quite some time to fully complete these steps, students are advised to start well ahead of the beginning of the new academic year, or of the course / seminar in question.

Please also note that there may be variations on this procedure for each university – the OZSW does not take any responsibility for problems that students may face as a consequence of incomplete or incorrect information on this page. It is the student’s own responsibility to check the website of the university in question for more details and the most up-to-date information.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email