Academic Philosophy Events in the Netherlands
- This event has passed.
Symposium on Interventionism and Causal Exclusion
6 March @ 10:00 - 15:00
On March 6th at the Open University study center in Nijmegen, a symposium on Interventionism and Causal Exclusion will be hosted. The speakers & titles of the talks are:
– F.A. Muller: The Influence of Quantum Physics on Philosophy
– Michael Baumgartner: The Inherent Empirical Underdetermination of Mental Causation
– Leon de Bruin: Multilayer networks in neuroscience and psychiatry
– Markus Eronen: An interventionist stance on mental causation
– Sander Beckers: Formalizing Non-Reductive Supervenience using Causal Models with Constraints
The full schedule including abstracts has been published at:
Attendance is free and includes lunch. Participants must register via email@example.com.
Location: Open University Nijmegen, Erasmuslaan 9, room 1.10.
Date & time: March 6th, 10h-15h.
About the OZSW event calendar
The OZSW event calendar lists academic philosophy events organized by/at Dutch universities, and is offered by the OZSW as a service to the research community. Please check the event in question – through their website or organizer – to find out if you could participate and whether registration is required. Obviously we carry no responsibility for non-OZSW events.