Academic Philosophy Events in the Netherlands
- This event has passed.
Conference Collective Intentionality X
30 August 2016 - 2 September 2016
Collective Intentionality X
The Hague, The Netherlands
August 30 – September 2, 2016
Please note: early-bird registrations at a reduced price are only available until July 26, 2016.
The International Social Ontology Society (ISOS) announces the program of its tenth conference. Collective Intentionality X is an interdisciplinary conference concerning collective intentionality in particular and social ontology more generally.
Keynote lectures and special symposia:
– Michael Bratman (Stanford University): Acting and Thinking Together
– Gunnar Björnsson (Umeå University): Shared Responsibility
– Toni Erskine (University of New South Wales): “Coalitions of the Willing” and the Shared Responsibility to Protect
– Johanna Seibt (Aarhus University): Social Robotics – New Forms of Sociality, New Types of Responsibility?
– Henry Shue (Oxford): Rules and Exceptions in War
– Christopher Kutz (Berkeley), Michael Skerker (United States Naval Academy), Seumas Miller (Charles Sturt University): Special Panel on Collective Responsibility, War and Terrorism
The full programm with over 70 papers is available at
A flyer promoting the event is attached. We would be very grateful if you could post it in your department and forward it to anyone interested.
Independently of the CFP, the International Social Ontology society also invites submissions for its essay prize:
For the first time, the International Social Ontology Society (http://social-ontology.org/
About the OZSW event calendar
The OZSW event calendar lists academic philosophy events organized by/at Dutch universities, and is offered by the OZSW as a service to the research community. Please check the event in question – through their website or organizer – to find out if you could participate and whether registration is required. Obviously we carry no responsibility for non-OZSW events.