Academic Philosophy Events in the Netherlands
- This event has passed.
Conceptual and Methodological Aspects of Physics: Historical Perspectives
6 March @ 09:15 - 17:30
Conceptual and Methodological Aspects of Physics:
March 6, 2020, 9:15 – 17:30
Ruppert Building room C
SPEAKERS AND TALKS:
– Guido Bacciagaluppi, “Bohr’s Slit and Hermann’s Microscope”
– Michael Cuffaro, “Ernst Cassirer and Grete Hermann: Metaphysics and Methodology”
– Radin Dardashti, “Understanding Problems in Physics”
– Neda Ghatrouie, “Einstein’s ambivalence towards the role of ‘a priori’ concepts: do standards of scientific conduct conform to standards of reality?”
– Molly Kao, “Reasoning to New Theories in the Face of Inconsistency: The Case of Blackbody Radiation”
Everyone is welcome to attend, and registration is free. However so that we may make suitable arrangements we ask that you please send an email to email@example.com at least two weeks in advance of the workshop to let us know that you will be coming.
A detailed program will be sent to registered attendees about a week before the workshop begins.
Financial support is provided by the Freudenthal Institute of Utrecht University (https://www.uu.nl/en/research/freudenthal-institute)
About the OZSW event calendar
The OZSW event calendar lists academic philosophy events organized by/at Dutch universities, and is offered by the OZSW as a service to the research community. Please check the event in question – through their website or organizer – to find out if you could participate and whether registration is required. Obviously we carry no responsibility for non-OZSW events.