Academic Philosophy Events in the Netherlands
Workshop “CORONA ETHICS”
CFP workshop “CORONA ETHICS”
Friday June 19 2020, VU Amsterdam
The current pandemic raises a whole series of ethical questions:
– Is it actually okay to restrict people’s freedoms in crisis-situations?
– Is it okay to manipulate people into social distancing?
– Would the benefits of tracking devices of potentially infected people outweigh the costs?
– Why is (risking) infecting another person actually wrong and how wrong is it?
– When medical resources become limited, which patients should have priority?
– Do we have stronger duties to help others in crisis-situations?
– Do crisis-situations make us revisit views on well-being (e.g. the objective list)?
– Is it morally okay to just defer to the RIVM?
– And so on, and so on.
Keynote speaker: Fleur Jongepier
If you’re interested in presenting a paper, please send an abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com, by May 1.
If things go well in the next months, we’ll do this at the VU. Otherwise, online.
About the OZSW event calendar
The OZSW event calendar lists academic philosophy events organized by/at Dutch universities, and is offered by the OZSW as a service to the research community. Please check the event in question – through their website or organizer – to find out if you could participate and whether registration is required. Obviously we carry no responsibility for non-OZSW events.