Conference Theme OZSW Annual Conference 2018: Polarization
The OZSW invites proposals for symposia, contributed papers and posters in all areas of philosophy to be presented at the conference. The theme (“Polarization”) may form an inspiration for your contributed paper, or for a symposium. The program committee will strive for quality, variety, and diversity on the program.
- We encourage ReMa students and PhD students who are in the initial stages of their research to submit a poster.
- Graduate students and senior staff can submit contributed papers.
- We encourage PhD students to organize a symposium on either the theme of the conference, or a theme in your own research, in which you invite contributions from senior staff (e.g., introduction to the theme, topical paper, commentaries, or chairing).
- We encourage senior staff to organize symposia on either the theme of the conference, or a theme in your own research, in which you invite contributions from other (philosophical) disciplines.
- Also book-symposia on recent publications are encouraged.
No one will be permitted to present more than one paper at the OZSW2018. The conference language is English.
Submission Deadline: September 15, 2018.
Acceptance Notification: October 2018.
- Posters will be presented during a dedicated poster presentation session.
- Contributed papers will be allocated 25 minutes (including discussion). Contributed papers will be clustered into parallel sessions focusing on particular themes or special sciences.
- Symposia will be allocated 100 minutes, including discussion. They can have any format.
Proposal for posters: Please submit your proposal for a poster consisting of a short abstract (max. 150 words, excl. references). Aim at indicating the structure that will appear on your poster.
Proposals for individual papers: Please submit your proposal for an individual paper, consisting of both a short abstract (max. 100 words) and an extended abstract (500-1000 words, excl. references).
Symposium proposals: Submit your proposal for a symposium as an attached PDF. Symposia proposals should include the symposium title, a description of the symposium’s rationale (up to 500 words) and for each of the 3-4 speakers the title and abstract (up to 500 words). Please prepare your symposium proposal for blind review. Fill in the author information into the “Author Information” box for all three speakers of the symposium (and for the organizer if (s)he is different from the speakers); this information will not be accessible to the reviewers. The organizer of the symposium should be the corresponding author (check the box).
Submissions: All submissions will be subjected to a blind refereeing procedure. Please submit your poster, individual paper or symposium proposal through our automatic submission system. Short abstract come as plain text in the EasyChair submission box. The extended abstract (in the case of individual papers and symposia) will need to be attached as a PDF file. To submit, please prepare your short and extended abstracts for blind review. Then follow this link to our Conference System.
Please note that first time users have to register as users of EasyChair. Fill in the author information into the “Author Information” box. This information will be hidden to the reviewers. If you are a graduate student, please indicate this by adding “(ReMa or PhD student)” in the field “organization” of “Author information” after the name of your organization.
For submission via EasyChair see: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ozsw2018
The deadline for all submissions is: September 15, 2018.
Expected notification of acceptance: before October 15, 2018.