Utrecht (exact location t.b.a.)
Type of activity
Primary target group
Friday 8 September
Aim / objective
The day has two main aims:
- To get input, ideas and a clearer view on the tasks and possibilities of the OZSW Theoretical Philosophy Section
- To facilitate networking between section members by means of speed dates and pitches/posters
The morning focuses on getting to know from graduate students and other section members what their needs are, and what they would like to receive from OZSW-TF; receiving creative suggestions, initiatives, in view of constraints and possible contributions by members. There will be brainstorm-sessions, everyone can choose between three topics:
- The ideal study group
- The ideal future of a theoretical philosophy graduate
- The ideal role of theoretical philosophy in the Netherlands
In a plenary session, at the end of the workshop, outcomes & suggestions will be reported per group.
The afternoon is divided in two parallel activities:
- There will be a meeting of the OZSW-TF committee, in which the outcomes of the morning session are discussed and turned into plans and a report that can be presented at the end of the day;
- Graduate students – and senior staff, if there is sufficient interest – will have a guided speed dating session. Participants can bring small posters or printed sheets on their work (if they have them, it is no requirement for participation), rehearse pitches on their research, or discuss other matters concerning their research.
The day will be closed by a report from the committee, and a questionnaire (by means of the electronic tool called Socrative), in which we aim to get relevant information and data from the participants. Followed by drinks.
How to apply / register
Mieke Boon (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Robin Sue Guillot (email@example.com)