The Dutch Research School of Philosophy (OZSW) and Eindhoven University of Technology invite participants to register for the OZSW debate taking place on September 19th.
De Zwarte Doos (on TU/e campus), Den Dolech 2, 5612 AZ Eindhoven, Netherlands
Type of activity
Primary target group
About the topic
The increasing use of robotics and ICT to replace both physical work and, increasingly, service work raises questions about the importance of work to quality of life and having a meaningful life.
- Is work part of the good life, and if so, what kind of work?
- Do people have a right to work?
- Who is threatened by automation and who isn’t?
- And what does this imply for the distribution of welfare in society?
Four panel members from the areas of practical and theoretical philosophy and psychology will discuss these issues, as well as related issues raised by the audience.
The debate will take place from 16:00 to 18:00.
Key note speakers
– Evangelia Demerouti (TU/e)
– Darian Meacham (Maastricht)
– Beate Roessler (UvA)
– Filippo Santoni De Sio (TUDelft)
There are no fees attached to participation in this event.
How to apply / register
Please use the form below.
Eindhoven University of Technology